With winter weather incoming, it might be time to prepare your car for the harsh conditions and slippery roads. Here are OEM accessories that could make driving in the winter time easier for your daily driver or weekend cruiser, Honda or not.
- Engine Block Heater: an engine block heater just warms up the engine compartment during cold temperatures. So instead of letting your car warm for 10 or 15 minutes, with an engine block heater it’ll only take less than a few minutes. You can pick one up at practically any auto parts store, for around $30 or $40.
- Remote Start System: allows the driver to start their car from roughly 30ft away, most likely in the comfort of their own house or office. The remote start systems keeps the car locked, and keeps it running for about 10 minutes before shutting itself off. Most modern cars come standard with these, but you could also pick one up for around $100 or less.
- First Aid Kit/Roadside Kit: bandages, flares, batteries, flashlights, jumper cables, tire-repair kits, etc. Anything to survive snowbanks…or the apocalypse.
- Heated Steering Wheel/Heated Seats: keep your hands warm with a little touch of luxury while you’re on the road in colder temps. Talk to your local dealership about having them installed.
- Roof Rack/Cargo Carrier (My Favorite): keep the contents of your backseat from flailing around (unless it’s a child, then use a seatbelt) by an easily accessible storage bin that’s also aesthetically pleasing. These roof-boxes are very useful for long road trips or trips to the ski resort. You can pick one up from nearly any auto store for around $200 or higher.
- Rubberized Floor Mats: keep your floorboards nice and clean, just in case you track in some snow or salt. Most dealerships offer these with the price of the vehicle, but you can also pick up some generic ones for less than $50.
- Winter Tires: You can find the studded tires in the northern parts of the country, but around here winter tires usually mean thick and knobby tread to give you more grip on slushy and icy roads.
Ask your local car dealer about other OEM accessories available for your car that better fits your style! See more at https://hzdzsn.info/service-center-louisville.html or swing by our showroom here in Louisville and ask a Honda Genius about accessories today!
By Christian Olsson, Honda Genius
*Any MPG listed is based on model year EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors. For additional information about EPA ratings, visit .