Financing With Honda World
We Offer Simple, Fast Financing
Budget Friendly Solutions
On top of our budget-friendly pricing, Honda World works with a wide selection of the country’s best lenders to bring you highly competitive and affordable auto loan options.
Fast Application Process
Because we value your time, our finance specialists will quickly help you through the credit application process, making it as simple and pain-free as possible.
Honesty and Integrity
Throughout the whole financing process, you’ll know what’s going on while enjoying the security of knowing that all of your personal information will be kept private.
How Lenders Decide to Finance Your Loan
At Honda World, our finance specialists know what it takes to get our customers the best loan rates available for their individual situations. We serve customers from all over Louisville. And many come from Southern Ohio and throughout Kentucky in large part because of our finance department’s reputation for getting great financing deals done.
It’s important to us that our customers are kept in the loop during the whole process – we want you to know and understand what’s going on with your financing. That way, you’re best able to make an informed decision from the options available to you.
There are a variety of factors that go into determining which financing options are available to and best for you, including:
- Your credit score/credit history. While we can and do help people with all kinds of credit situations, there’s no getting around the fact that your credit score determines which lenders will work with you and on what terms.
- The car you buy. Finance companies consider the make and model of the car you’re buying, in large part to determine how much it’s worth in terms of collateral. Fortunately, Honda vehicles tend to hold their value well, a fact that works in your favor when buying one.
- Trade in value. The greater the value of your trade in, the smaller the amount you need to finance and the more you appeal to the better lenders.
- Down payment. As with trade in, the more you are able to put down in cash, the more you show lenders that you are capable of making payments and the better your terms will likely be.
- Your personal information. How long have you lived at your current residence? How long have you been at your current job. Showing stability makes you more attractive to auto lenders, generally leading to more favorable auto loan terms.
We all have to watch our bottom line. For most, keeping the car payment manageable is an important part of that. The finance department of Honda World understands that and will work with you to help you find a vehicle and a loan that will work with your budget – whatever your budget looks like.
There are three primary factors that go into determining the amount of your monthly payment. They are:
- The amount you need to borrow. This is the total amount of the loan. The less you borrow, the lower the payment.
- Your Annual Percentage Rate (APR). The better your credit situation, the lower the interest you’ll pay, generally. The lower your interest rate, the lower your payment.
- The duration of your loan. Spreading your payments out over a longer period gives you a lower monthly payment.
How Your Payments Are Affected
|Total Amount Financed||Number of Months Financed||Annual Percentage Rate||Monthly Payment||Details|
|$17,500||60 months||10.00||$372||Standard financing|
|$15,500||60 months||10.00||$335||Reducing 10% of the financed amount equates to 10% less in payments|
|$17,500||66 months||10.00||$346||Increasing length of loan by 10% equates to a 7% reduction in monthly payment|
|$17,500||60 months||9.00||$363||A 10% reduction in interest equates to a 3% payment reduction|
While Honda World can work with just about any credit situation, having good credit does open more and better financing options to you. The better your credit, the better your APR and the more attractive you are to lending agencies, which looks at your credit scores (as reported by the three major credit bureaus). Not sure what your credit score looks like? Our finance professionals can help.
Your credit score is affected by a number of things. These include:
- How many open accounts/lines of credit you have.
- Your total amount of debt.
- Your history of making/not making payments on time.
- Public records regarding judgments, liens, etc.
- Number of hard inquiries (too many credit checks in a short period lower your credit score).
We Can Help with Challenging Credit
If your credit isn’t perfect, that doesn’t mean that Honda World can’t help you get a loan. In the majority of cases, we can help. There are lenders out there who specialize in helping people in your situation to get an auto loan and we have solid relationships with a number of them. Because we put a lot of business with specific lenders, we can often use our pull to get auto loans approved, even for people who have been turned away by other dealers. Whatever credit situation you find yourself in, chances are that we can help.
- Payment Estimator
- Your Monthly Budget
- Many lenders suggest that you spend less than 15% of your gross monthly income (GMI) on your car payment monthly. Some examples include:
- $2000 GMI = $300 or less per month
- $4000 GMI = $600 or less per month
- Monthly payments normally range from $20 - $25 per $1,000 financed.